Monday, May 2, 2011

Still In LOVE




Do you ever have those days when you can't imagine being any happier? Well I experienced quite a few of those days this last weekend. Our amazing Jayden Monroe turned 4 years old on Sunday. He was due April 25th, but didn't come until May 1st. At the time I was so annoyed that he would be a May baby and that I had to wait, but he was well worth the wait. May 1st is such a special day for me. Not only is it Jayden's birthday, but it is the day I became a mother. It is the day I realized how much love a parent has for their children. It is the day that I realized how much my mom went thru in order to bring all of her kids into the world. It is the day that I really realized how strong of a woman I can be. I was amazed by my own strength and it was the most empowering experience I have ever had in my life.
Jayden has truly been such a joy. He has such a special spirit and I am so lucky to be his mom. Jayden is so kind and thoughtful. He is also very protective of me and also to others he cares about. He is not your average rambunctious boy. He is gentle and soft, quiet and loud, funny and creative, and he is a perfect combination of both of our families. I have a special place in my heart for all of my brothers, each for a different reason. Jayden reminds me so much of my youngest brother James. I remember James being such a sweet and soft hearted boy(still is). James had these dark huge eyes when he was little and Jayden has those same eyes, just blue. He is so special to me and to so many others.
Jayden has a bit of an obsessive personality I guess you could say. He has a passion for Star Wars and Superheros and that is what his birthday was all about. He finally decided on a Star Wars cake. I really wanted it to be great and had marvelous plans for it. Well he wanted to help so badly and at first I wasn't wanting him to help because I wanted it to be perfect. Well I quickly realized that it was Jayden's birthday and if helping make his cake was what he wanted, than that was all that really mattered. He is very detailed oriented like Matt and it's so fun to watch him when he gets creative. It was a great weekend. These past four years have blown by and I am so excited that I get to watch him grow.


1 comment:

LOVE TO DANCE said...

i miss you sis! and your sweet babies.I loved all your posts. Love Jadens b-day hat. oh how we sure came from the same mother!
LL