Monday, May 16, 2011

Zumba, Mothers Day, THE FIT SHE THREW


For Mother's Day, I went and spent it with my mother. Matt had to study so up Jayden, Jolie and I went. There was a Zumba thing going on Saturday so Becky(James' wife), Jeanie, My Mom, and myself went and danced our buns off in the bright sun for a few hours. I had a lot of fun shaking my tail feather and getting a pretty NOT awesome tan line. I always want to do something special for my mom because she has been the greatest mom to me, but she is a horrible gift receiver. I still love you though Mom. I wanted to get her something nice for her house, but it's her house and if she wants something, then she'll pick it out, in her style. So Jeanie and I decided to give her a work day. Perfect Right. My parents have a train car that they've been using for storage and over the last few years it just became disorganized and messy. So we cleaned out the train car and I my mom said it was the best gift we could have given her. I miss those kind of days. I live in an apartment and it's rare that I get to get outside and really get dirty and sweaty and gross. I love that feeling though, like I've accomplished so much. It was a great day.

So Sunday comes along, and we made crepes for breakfast for my mom. Punks Jayden and Jolie didn't do anything for me. It's like they didn't know or something(can you tell I am being sarcastic). Then we get to church and my child(Jolie Kate) is horrible. Now Jolie has been such a good baby, child, toddler etc. No she isn't perfect, but I can usually get her to be well behaved. Well this particular Sunday she was not having it. She was horrible the 1st hour, annoying the second, then Satan the third. I sat in primary with her in my moms class and the little boy gets up to give his scripture and he has trouble finding it so there is a huge moment of silence. Jolie starts yelling "GO, GO, GO!" So I take her out and let her roam the halls. Too much freedom for the little chick and she just kept throwing herself on the ground, making me look like I had no idea what to do with a kid. I finally had enough and decided to just sit in the car with her. So I take her out to my parents car, and start to strap her in her seat(she was already throwing a fit when we got there). As soon as I begin to put her in, she does the annoying arch back thing, so I am basically pinning her down so I can buckle her in. Once I get her in she starts smacking her face with her hands, pulling out her hair(literally), like ripping her mouth with her hands, kicking, and then she looks at me in the eyes as she's yelling and screaming and says, "MOMMA, MOMMA, MOMMA!!!" I just sat there in shock. Never has she once acted like this. She did this for the next 5 minutes. She quickly wore herself out and fell asleep and did the whimper in her sleep until we were home. Seriously, what happened to my child? What possessed her? Let me tell you it was not the Mother's Day present I was looking for. So I figured Mother's Day is really for when you are older . That's when you can really enjoy it. When your kids are grown and they treat you so well, and they appreciate all the things you did/do for them. So I guess I will just have to wait a few years before I get to really feel special and loved on Mothers Day.
P.S. When Jayden got in the car and I told him the story of how horrible Jolie was he just kept laughing and laughing. Then I asked him to give me a kiss, and he said, "Wait Mom, Give me a kiss on the lips." It was pretty sweet so I guess I had a good day after all.

No comments: