Monday, May 30, 2011

Jeanie Pearl, Baby Girl




Snowflake High School will sadly not get to educate(hahaha) anymore students from the Gary & Sarah Brimhall children. The last, Jeanie Pearl Brimhall graduated and we are so proud of her. Jeanie is the baby baby of our family. I was in third grade and I still remember Lashelle Schneider asking me if my mom was pregnant. I said no because James was the baby, and there was no way my mom was pregnant with another baby. Well a while later, it was a Sunday afternoon and my Dad was saying the prayer for dinner. He was blessing the food etc. then he said, "And please bless mom, while she is pregnant that she won't be so sick(something like that)." So she was pregnant and we were getting a new baby. I was so excited. Then came the day when my mom went to the hospital to have the baby, then she came home without a baby. I remember being so mad at her. I mean didn't she know I was ready for that baby to come out. Well eventually Jeanie Pearl was born and we evened out the numbers to 3 boys and 3 girls. We all adored Jeanie. I remember this one thing we did with her particularly well. We had this smaller chair and we would put her in it. Then we would gather all of our jewels(dress up jewelry), money, etc and we throw it at her feet and chant and bow,"We praise, thy name, to Jeanie Pearl Brimhall." Kind of sacrilegious probably, but we just loved her so much. Jeanie is everything I wished I was more of. She is confidant, smart, independent, brave, adventurous, and so much more. I am so proud of the woman she has become. I am always so proud to call her my sister. I am especially excited because she will be attending ASU West in the fall, on scholarship mind you. ASU West just happens to be about 4 miles from where we live. No I am not going to smother her, but I am excited that she will be close by. Congrats Jeanie. We are all so proud of our sweet Jeanie Pearl, Baby Girl.

No comments: