Monday, May 16, 2011

So Proud




My sweet older brother Darrell graduated this past week from...Medical School. It was a great experience being able to attend his graduation and see the look on his face now that he's done(minus residency of course). I remember sitting at his white coat ceremony 4+ years ago and I remember thinking how long 4 years seemed. Now that it's here, it feels like such a short time. Darrell went to U of A, Phoenix Campus. He was apart of the first class and we are all so proud of him. Ever since I was a little girl he always said he was going to be a doctor, and now he is. I am so lucky and grateful to have him for my brother. He is so sweet to Matt and myself and he has done so much for us. Darrell has been so supportive of us and our efforts to attend medical school. At one point we even lived with them when we both lost our jobs so Matt could stay in school.

After the graduation we went and celebrated. We were probably a little too rowdy, but how often does someone graduate from Medical School. For the past eight or so months I have been switching off babysitting Darrell and Kendra's kids while she has been working and I have been so grateful for that. I really do love their kids, almost as they were my own. I caught myself a few times looking at them and wondering if they had any idea the hard work their dad, and mom had gone thru to be there that night, celebrating. It made me ache, long, excited for what the future holds for Matt and I. I only hope that in 4+ years it will be us celebrating with family.

2 comments:

Terra said...

Congrats to Darrell! Family get togethers are always great- especially when they are rowdy!!!

LOVE TO DANCE said...

I will not say that I am jealous, I will say I am glad it was a great celebration for everyone. Thank you for posting the pictures. WHOW! She was a litle devil! That is funny. I am sure she is sorry for her FIT! A friend of mine calls her kids fits come aparts. That fits Jolies mom day gift to you. That is so funny she yelled Go, Go, Go!