Monday, May 30, 2011

AT LAST!!!

"AT LAST" is the title of my favorite Etta James song. Well we can now say, AT LAST, Matt got into Medical School. We heard last Monday that he has been accepted to Midwestern, here in Glendale, and we couldn't be more happy. It's been such a long hard road getting here, but I knew we could do it all along. Matt has worked so incredibly hard and finally no longer will he have to say that he is pre med. We are so grateful that it happened when it did. I feel like Matt has learned so much doing his Masters that will only help him for the next four years. There were times when we were both so frustrated and discouraged, but he kept on going. He's amazing, he's amazing, he's amazing. I can't say it enough. We were willing to go anywhere for school, but lucky enough are we to get to stay here in Arizona. Oh how I love Arizona. I love it over here in Glendale too. Matt also has been put on the wait list at A.T. Still University in Mesa as well. He loves Midwestern though so it all worked out great. During the whole process I kept asking myself what does Heavenly Father want to teach us, or want us to learn in all of this. Well I can say that I have learned to trust in Heavenly Father, and know that he does hear our prayers and knows the desires of our heart. I have also learned patience, and to put my faith in him. I came to a conclusion a few months ago that even if we didn't get in to Midwestern and we ended up in the Caribbean, that everything would still be okay. He knows what is best for us. I am so grateful for the wonderful family that we have. They have helped us out so much, and I'm so happy to be getting to stay close to home. We really are so blessed. So here's to us. Oh it feels good.

3 comments:

Terra said...

Yeah! Congrats to Matt! That is super exciting.I am so glad you guys get to stay in Arizona!!

Micah and Aaron said...

Congratulations!! So awesome that you guys get to stay here in Arizona where everything is familiar. Good luck in the coming years at school Matt!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys- I know it's been a long road! And Glendale is awesome- I'm glad it worked out for you guys out there!