Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Pioneer Days and 10 years!

 We were able to celebrate Pioneer Days in Snowflake this past weekend. It's pretty much my favorite holiday. I love being around so much family and getting to see the people that I grew up with. I love watching the parade with my kids and I get such enjoyment seeing their excitement in little things like a blue Jolly Rancher, a small pony, or getting their very own drink that they don't have to share(I know I'm a bad Mom and give my children soda). 
No, Jayden didn't slide into home, he rubbed his head on the carpet for who knows what reason.
 Even though it's election year and the parade ends up being a little longer than usual, I still love getting to sit there with my family, and look at all of the floats that are centered around our pioneers. I have such pride in being from Snowflake. I love it's heritage and I feel so lucky to have been able to be raised  there.
 My kids already love Snowflake, but I hope as they grow they are able to appreciate what a special place it is.

 It has also been 10 years since I graduated from High School. I can't even believe it. I don't feel like it's been that long. I don't feel old enough but I really love my life and I am so proud to stand by Matt and introduce him as my husband. I am so proud of him, and I know that I am so lucky to have him forever.
My sister Leslie and her family also got to stop by for a quick visit and meet Harlie. We don't get to see her very often, which makes me sad, but when we do, our kids are such good play mates with each other. Jayden loves having older cousins to be around and Jolie and Fischer were quite the pair. I'm afraid Jolie may  have been a bad influence on Fischer because we had another marker incident. 
I just love this picture of Jayden. You can really see how truly happy he is to be with his cousins.


My kids really do adore their grandparents. I think they secretly wish they had them as parents. Oh well, they are pretty much stuck with me, whether they like it or not. Oh and in case you were wondering, Harlie loved every minute of it as well.

No comments: