Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

 We got to celebrate the 4th with some of our family. It was a beautiful day. In all of my 9 years of living in the valley, I have never known it to be 84 degrees on the 4th of July. It was a little humid out, but hey, we were able to play outside so I'll take it. 
 Here are the two LEGO loving boys. They are getting along in this picture and Jayden loves Derek to death, but on this particular day, they kept running into conflicts.
 It's times like these when I want to have a big family and it's also times like these when I wish we had more family that lived closer to us. I just love watching the cousins play together. It reminds me of all the Sunday dinners we would have at my grandma's growing up and playing in the backyard hide and go seek. There were at least 20 of us, and it was always so much fun.
 Oh this little girl was so cute. Here she is with her thumbs up. I can't believe she is almost 3. She isn't going to be the baby for too much longer. I still love when she comes up and asks if I can hold her like a little baby. It reminds me of the children's book, I'll Love You Forever. She makes me laugh multiple times a day of the funny things she says. Like when we were at my doctor's appointment this past week and she had to tell me that "the doctor was going to check my bum". I just laughed and laughed. Then she also had to point out that the after birth on the picture in the office was "so pretty". Oh if she only knew.
 Jeanie got to come over too which is always fun. All the little girls had to take their turn over and over again getting spun by Jeanie. Notice in this picture that Jolie has only one shoe on. She got dirt in her shoe at the very beginning of the evening and wanted me to take it off, but she only wanted the one off. This is how she looked the remainder of the night, with one shoe. She is just too funny I tell you.
Here is sweet Sarah with Jeanie as well. Sarah always gives great action pictures and is a much better poser for the camera than Jolie. Oh well. It was such a great evening, even though I didn't have a baby. I didn't want to have a July 4th baby anyway. I would love to have a July 6th baby though. Come on body...do what you need to do! Hopefully the next pictures I post will be of our new sweet baby. 

2 comments:

LOVE TO DANCE said...

Ok a couple of things...
1. Congats you are not pregnant
2. You were not huge, you looked great.
3. I love the maternity dress you were wearing.
4. I love your flower lamp shade. That is darling with the yellow base. LOVE IT!!! I think I will do that with my girls room lamp.
5. your picture taking abilities are great I can tell a difference.
6. Jolie's marker pics are pricelss, she is sooo pretty. She looked darling on the 4th. I wish I was there.
7. Can't wait to see you SOON!!!! and hold that baby. you have a week and a half to rest up.
8. I love you sis..you mama of THREE!
LL

LOVE TO DANCE said...

Ok a couple of things...
1. Congats you are not pregnant
2. You were not huge, you looked great.
3. I love the maternity dress you were wearing.
4. I love your flower lamp shade. That is darling with the yellow base. LOVE IT!!! I think I will do that with my girls room lamp.
5. your picture taking abilities are great I can tell a difference.
6. Jolie's marker pics are pricelss, she is sooo pretty. She looked darling on the 4th. I wish I was there.
7. Can't wait to see you SOON!!!! and hold that baby. you have a week and a half to rest up.
8. I love you sis..you mama of THREE!
LL