Thursday, July 19, 2012

Introducing...

Harlie Rae Waite

Born...7-11-12 @ 9:01 am...7lbs. 10 oz...20 in...


 Well I did it, or I should say we did it. I had a fabulous team. My midwife is amazing and Matt was able to help deliver the baby. She was the same one that delivered Jolie and she was just as great as I remember. This time I had GBS so I had to go in early and get started on the antibiotic which threw everything off. If I hadn't been so paranoid, I would have waited to go to the hospital when I was in more active labor. I woke up at around 12:00 and started timing my contractions. They were consistent, but not very strong. I woke Matt up and told him it would probably be tonight, but I would wake him up when it was closer to time. I was 5 days past my due date so I was so ready to go. We left for the hospital at around 1 am and luckily my mom had been staying the past couple of nights with us. My dear friend Ashley who lives in our apartment complex came over and stayed with Jayden and Jolie until Matt's sister, Christina could get here.
 We got to the hospital by 1:30 and once I finally got checked it was probably around 2 am. I was only a 3-4 which I knew but figured since I had gone so quickly with Jolie that it was fine. They got me started on antibiotic and my contractions stayed pretty consistent for the next 2 hours, then they just kind of stopped. I walked the halls, even jogged for a bit, sat on the ball, took a shower, and just tried to really get them going, but they weren't and I was getting really frustrated. With Jolie it all happened so quickly and it was great, so I wanted it to go the same. Every delivery is different I guess. I wanted to almost go home, but didn't want to have to start the antibiotic all over again. I decided to just relax until my other midwife got there(shift change) and see if she would just break my water. She came in at 7, and that's what we decided to do. I got the second antibiotic in, and then at 8 my midwife broke my water(I was at a 6). As soon as she broke my water, off they went. The next hour was pretty hard(who am I kidding, it was crazy hard). 
From the time my midwife broke my water, to the time I delivered, she didn't leave my side. My nurse was a tad annoying, but I tried to block her out. I swear they are never used to people going natural, so when it does happen, they don't know what to do(I know this isn't all nurses, just the ones I've had). My Mom was a wonderful coach once again, rubbing my back, giving me encouragement and doing whatever I asked. I will spare you the other details, but an hour after they broke my water, our sweet baby girl was born @ 9:01. 

 I instantly could tell that she was a light baby(not dark) but had darker hair. I was pretty surprised. I guess all along I just assumed it would be another Jolie. Harlie was wide awake forever and did not cry. I repeat would not cry. When they gave her shots, she wouldn't cry. When they gave her a bath, would not cry. Sometimes it worried me a little bit, but that is just how she has been. She has yet to really give a good cry. Even at night when she's ready to eat, she just makes noises. She's been a dream.

 My Mom took Jayden and Jolie back with her to Snowflake that night so I could have some time to myself and recover. This is the best gift ever. At first I was a little hesitant, but after the advice of some friends, I agreed. I got a whole week with just Harlie and Matt and it was wonderful. I have loved having a new little baby that I can just hold and stare at. 


 What a blessing she is in our lives. I want her to stay little, but I am excited to see how she develops and what kind of personality she will have. I am so grateful to be a mom and for the gifts that have been given to me. All of my kids are such beautiful and unique gifts. I can't believe it's already been a week. I feel great and Jayden and Jolie got home last night and it's been a day of adjusting. I realize that my life is really going to change especially with Jayden going to kindergarten and Jolie into joy school. I am going to lose a lot of my freedom, and I am okay with that. As long as I have these precious gifts, how could I complain.



2 comments:

Cherie said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I'm glad everything went well for you.

Court said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful. I LOVE new baby posts. Great job with the natural delivery!