Saturday, November 1, 2008

We're Pooped

So these past few days have been so fun, but so exhausting. We got to go to a Suns game with our friends on Thursday night. We really enjoyed ourselves and our section won $5 cards from Jack in the Box. I was ecstatic because I never win anything. Our Suns lost but it was still a treat to get to go. It's such an ugly picture I know but it's a memory.
Then we woke up super early after getting to bed super late. My parents came down early that morning and we got to spend the day with them playing at the mall, eating, and just having fun. Our Halloween night was kind of lame, but we won't say why. I felt bad for My Mom because she even got dressed up. It was probably the most uneventful night ever.
Then on Saturday we woke up extremely early for our big race. Matthew did a triathlon and I did my first duathlon. For those of you who really know me, you know how much I have always hated to run. I used to have the excuse that it hurt my chest (I used to have somewhat of a chest, not anymore thanks to nursing for a year), but now I don't have that excuse. Matt improved his time from last year, and I was just happy to finish without wrecking my bike, vomiting on the side, or getting lost. I really did enjoy it. It was so fulfilling to push myself through something. I kept saying if I can have a baby without an epidural, I can surely run for a while. Then when I was worried about not doing good enough I just thought to myself, "My Mom is going to be proud of me no matter what time I get".
Then we spent more time with my parents after and that is always fun. My Dad got a new hat which he is so proud of and he even said next year he'll do the race too. Man are we tired.

4 comments:

Talia said...

My Dad did that race and he said that he saw you! He said you did good! That is sooooo AWESOME. It is such a BIG accomplishment!! I always look at people that do those and think they are "CRAZY" seriously you have to be to do them, but then I did a half Marathon and I never felt better in my life!! It is kinda addicting! So now I know WHY they do it! It feels so good to do something not everyone can say they have done!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! THAT IS SO COOL!

Brett and Erica Paxman said...

Good job guys! Especially Katie Mae, I'm so proud of you! That was a very busy weekend for you! Glad you finished the race!

Anonymous said...

Sorry your Halloween was so uneventful! And good job with the race- you really did so good. I remember when we used to go work out you always said you hated running so good job! It is hard but it is so worth it and makes you feel so good and proud. And good job to Matt too!

Sarah said...

It was so invigorating to watch and to inspire... I was so truly proud of you and that you did it like it was no big deal....Way to go Matt and to be able to do something like this together was so fun to watch. I of course had the best part...and that was to be able to hang out with my buddy.