Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lesson 1


So I am now doing something that I have wanted to do since we've been married. I signed up for a Cake Decorating class from Joanns. I really enjoy baking and I just wanted to get better at decorating. So this is my first cake from the class. I'm putting it on my blog for my mom to see and to track my progress. I love the class. I'm so glad I'm taking it because of all the things I am learning. The cake isn't my style(I guess if I could even say that I have a cake decorating style), but it's one we have to learn. Stay tuned for more progress.

5 comments:

AW said...

Looks good! We miss you guys and are hoping to see you all in Jan., but it isn't 100% yet... depends what happens with the good ol' election... give loves and kisses to Jayden from me and the kids and loves and kisses to Matt from Ryan:)
Cheers- Amanda

Unknown said...

How fun!! I would love to do something like that someday- it would be SO much fun! Your cake looks awesome... can't wait to see more!

Tim and Cindy Reed said...

My mom made alot of our birthday cakes and I LOVED em! When I was little she made me a dragon cake that was great and a ship for a pirate birthday party that I had I think when I turned 8! They are fun to look back on and see that your mom dedicated time and creativity into your birthdays! A good hobby to learn!

Anonymous said...

haha... I've been meaning to comment you and tell you I met your mom and toured your house. It was so funny... I was walking up the stairs and saw wedding pictures and was like 'that girl is really pretty... wait... I think I know her'. haha... small world. Your mom was so sweet and so cute. And she didn't think her house should have been part of the tours but it was actually one of my favorites!

Cam and Mele said...

You are so SWEET. Thank you for your comment, and I'm soo glad you found my blog! I'm commenting on your cake post, because I have always wanted to take a cake decorating class too! It looks so fun, and you look like a natural!! I look forward to seeing your cakes you continue to decorate!