Friday, April 20, 2012

Photography Class, Week 1




I have had my Canon 50D for over 2 years, and it has basically been a point and shoot up until now. I am taking a photography class that basically teaches you how to use your DSLR and how to shoot in manual, and I am loving it. Literally after the first 20 minutes of the class, I felt like I had already gotten my money out of it. My teacher is fabulous, and really knows her stuff. Every week we have an assignment, and this week was just figuring out our aperture. These are my photos for week 1. I know they aren't fabulous, but I can already tell a huge difference in my pictures. I'm super excited. So if you have DSLR, and don't know how to use it, I would absolutely recommend taking a class. If you want a recommendation for a teacher, I know a pretty great one.

2 comments:

The Family said...

That is so awesome Katy! You already take such great picture, it will be fun to have new skills to use.

Terra said...

Love the Pictures. That is so cool you are taking a class. We need to get together soon before that sweet baby of your's comes. :)