Friday, August 26, 2011

Still Hot




I have been pretty proud of myself this summer. I really wanted to change my attitude about the heat and enjoy summer instead of hating it. We took advantage of having a pool at our constant disposal. It's sad but my kids don't really get excited to get to go to the pool anymore. This week though has been especially hot. I hate even having to put my kids in the car(all black) when as soon as I sit them in their seats they tell me how hot it is, or worse, start screaming about it. Today I did my VT and when I put Jolie in her seat she proceeded to scream for 5 minutes. I feel so bad, but what can I do. I just need a garage.

Last year when we moved into our apartment I had the mindset that it would only be for a year. I could do it. Since we found out that we will be staying we've been searching and searching for a house but our search has come up empty. So we are staying here. I have mixed feelings about this decision. I know it is the right decision for us at this time, but it's hard. I have been so ready to have a back yard, a garage, space for my kids to play and run around. I am trying to remember the positive things about living in our apartment like we feel safe, it's clean, no maintenance, pool, but then things like climbing up the stairs 5 times to unload my groceries hit me and I feel defeated. We are trying to make adjustments and hopefully will be able to get a bottom floor apartment. I know people have endured worse so I'll try to keep that in mind. Did I mention it was like 105 at 9:00 today. Oh boy. Send prayers our way for rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids are so done with swimming too. Which is too bad because it is going to be hot enough for a while still to need to be in the water if you are outside. I am so ready for bike riding and playing outside etc. I cant believe Jolie is 2- she is so cute!

AW said...

apartment living was not my favorite, but some of the memories made there were!