Friday, August 26, 2011

She's Two



Our sweet girl woke up the morning of her birthday and I think she had the theme song playing in her head of "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to." It was her birthday and I think she could tell. My goal was to make her feel extra extra special for her special day. She had a breakfast of crepes, lunch of hot dogs, and dinner of homemade pizza, then cake, all of which are her favorites(maybe not the hot dog but I was in the middle of cleaning out my closet). Can I just say that I love simple birthdays! I enjoy them so much more. I tend to focus more on my child(which is where the focus should be) and less on "Oh I hope everyone has a good time, or is impressed by the food, or think she looks cute." My parents had it where on the even birthdays we would have our own family thing, then if we wanted a party it was on the odd birthdays. I think I might be leaning towards that as well. As fun as it is to look at pictures and pictures of amazing parties, I don't know if my kids get enough out of them with the amount of work that goes into them. That's just me though. To each his own. I sure do love this girl. I can't believe she is already two.

1 comment:

AW said...

love the tutu bum shot!