Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can't Wait

Anyone who knows me knows how much I enjoy my sleep. I can fall asleep literally within a minute(sorry Matt, I know it's annoying) and I am a total morning person. I have been sleeping pretty great until last night. Not that I was uncomfortable or having contractions, I just want to see this baby. I would wake up every hour on the hour and just stare at the clock. I'm not complaining about lack of sleep because I still get plenty, I am just expressing the desire to have this baby come into our home. As soon as I have a cramp or contraction(I still don't rememeber or know what they feel like) I start feeling like I'm not ready but how ready can you really be I guess? So I'm grateful for the sleep I get, and I wish there was a sign that popped out on your belly that read "You're in labor" or "It's Time". I know this is silly but I'm worried that I have such a pain tolerance that I won't know when to go to the hospital, and then I won't know when to call my mom to have her come down, and then she won't get here in time to help me through my delivery, and then I'll end up getting an epidural because she wasn't there. Don't you wish you could turn your brain off sometimes because it's just so exhausting? Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see.


Dear Little Baby Girl,

I am getting so excited for you to join our family. I thought you might come today but it doesn't look like it now. Your brother came a week late so that's probably what you'll do, but you feel way more active than him. I'm hoping you're getting excited to meet us too. It's hot out here so be prepared. You have been so good to me other than the occasional beat downs but it's all been worth it. I hope you have your Dad's sweet temperament and your brother eyes. I'll keep trying to be patient so come when you're ready. See you soon. --Love Your Mommy

2 comments:

Jessica Farmer said...

Hang in there Katie! I know it really stinks, all the worrying and waiting. You can totally do it though. Before you know it, she will be here and you won't be able to get enough of her! Good luck with labor and delivery! Be sure to post LOTS of pictures.

AW said...

Come on already little baby Waite! You've got people who want to meet you! Also, after you get adjusted at home start thinking of when you're going to come meet your favorite Aunt & Uncle and 4 cousins:)