Friday, May 15, 2009

Getaway

Since Jayden has been born I think I have only spent a total of three nights away from him, and that was all at once back in December before Christmas. So before our baby girl comes, Matt and I wanted to take a trip without Jayden(even though we love him dearly). That didn't bother Jayden at all because he got to spend almost a week in Snowflake. He got to ride the tractor, work on cars, play in the nice weather, and be spoiled by Jeanie and my parents. I don't think he really missed us. Here are a few pictures from our trip to San Diego. Also, since Matt and I had to back out of our trip to Hawaii with Brett and Erica last year because of a family reunion, we went with them.
We didn't have amazing tanning weather like I had hoped, so no tan for Katie. The house we got to stay at was one block from the beach.


I hadn't been to Sea World since 3rd grade with my family and I was so excited to go. My favorite of course were the Dolphins. I literally had a grin on my face the entire time. On the video you can just hear Erica and I laughing and laughing. If I was an animal, I'd definitely want to be a dolphin.



Shamu was amazing too. Matt thought the whole show was a bit cheesy, but I still loved it. A little too much BELIEVE for him I guess.


Us with the Stingrays.

Beach after Sea World.

We got to do a session and some sealings at the San Diego temple one day. I hadn't been there since we went thru the Open House when I was 9 but it was just as beautiful as I remembered.

On the Walk of Fame there was BumbleBee and Matt had to get a picture with him. It was a pretty cool costume and the guy was really nice. Doesn't Matt look just like a little boy with that big grin on his face. It's so cute it almost makes me want to cry.


We had to see the Walk of Fame because Matt wanted to see Big Willie's shoe and hand print.

Then we stopped by the Los Angeles temple to walk around the grounds.

We had such a good time but I was definitely ready to come home and see my little boy. From the time we got home, until the time we picked Jayden up in Payson I was a nervous wreck. I literally made myself sick with nervousness. I was so scared that Jayden wouldn't want to come back with us, or that he wouldn't have missed us, or that he wouldn't remember who we were. Luckily everything was fine and he was glad to see us. He didn't cry when my parents drove away, but I did. I cried for about 15 minutes on the way back with him in the car. It was ridiculous. Matt kept telling me everything was fine, and I kept saying that six days was too long to go without him. It was great to getaway with my sweet Matt though and just have it be the two of us, well kind of(and baby girl).

1 comment:

LOVE TO DANCE said...

I am glad you got a trip in before baby girl came. I love that Jaden drank John's coke. my kids have sneeked dads and johns cokes before. For some reason I find it hilarious. sooooo excited to see you. love you love you.