Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Over 1900 Miles Traveled




That is how far we traveled in the last two weeks. Immediately after Lake Powell, we headed up into Utah, then Idaho for the Waite Reunion. Matt and I got to go river rafting which was great. I secretly, okay maybe not to secretly think we could have handled something a little harder, but it was good to get our feet wet. We went into Yellowstone a few of the days and it's all of Eric's(BIL) fault that we didn't see a bear. I told him my trip would be ruined if I didn't get to see one. I was pretty sad. While we were driving around I kept thinking to myself, "If I were a bear, where would I be?" Apparantly not anywhere people could see me I guess.
It was fun to see all of our Waite cousins. Can you believe there were 6, two year olds there(counting Jolie who is almost two). That's a lot of carseats. As we were driving around and admiring how green it was, the wild flowers everywhere, the rivers and streams that were so pretty, I kept trying to tell myself how bad it must be here in the winter. "Oh Katie you don't want to live here. They have horrible winters. They can't even leave their homes it's so bad. They have to stay inside for five months." Don't tell me if this is not the case. I don't want to know. So if you haven't been to Yellowstone, go. It's incredible.

1 comment:

Jessica Farmer said...

yahoo! We had so much fun too. Sorry about the whole bear thing. :{ It was great to see you guys and your super adorable kids. Love you guys!