Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Early Birthday Party




I had a little family party for Jolie Kate. Her birthday is the 17th, but we didi it early because we're moving next week and I didn't want it to be too hectic or crazy. Amanda made the cutest invitations(I'll post other pictures later), Kamry cut the letters out for me for her banner, I made party hats, Jolie's ones, strawberry barrettes for the girl party guests, etc. We had sweet pork burritos with cilantro lime slaw hmm. For dessert we had cake balls, cupcakes, strawberries drizzled in white chocolate, and cupcakes. Jolie was wonderful and she loved her cake. She sat in her high chair almost the whole time eating tortillas, strawberries and then cake. What a doll she is. I couldn't be more happier. As I put her to bed last night I just teared up with amazement at how special she is to me. I'm so grateful to have such a sweet happy spirit. I'll post more pictures as I get my housework under control.

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Aw I loved her little cake too! Did you make that? So cute!

And I love hearing about how much you love her. Helps me know that it IS possible to love the rest of your children as much as you love your first.

svstuartfam said...

Happy Birthday Jolie Kate! So fun! I love seeing pictures of her. She is so darling! Good luck with moving, I hope the Valley cools off early this year just for you!!

anyreasonforcake said...

What a cute cake! And, I'm in love with the party hats. What a smart mommy you are to plan the party before the move!